I remembered one very vivid scenario from my childhood as the common cold viral onset started bugging me earlier today. I have had body temperature so high that I would sometimes go delirious when I was younger. There were times I saw thorns growing out of my blanket, my room space getting smaller (I am not claustrophobic) and thoughts that my uncle was an illegitimate child (I always wondered where that came from).
But one experience stood the test of time and still haunts me. Mom told me later when I regained consciousness of the real world that I was standing naked in the living hall mumbling something like, "avange enna panrange veliye, avangale pogeh sollenggeh!!!" Translated, "what are those people doing outside, ask them to leave!" Thank God only mom was around and I was probably only 13 or 14 years old. The tale progressed with her rushing me into the bathroom and drenching me in cold water. I still do not remember anything about it all except when the cold water was trickling down my face it felt like the planet Earth was being washed down the side of my face, through my shoulders and into the gutter! Epic, I know!
Although generally healthy a person, I've always had problems getting over a cold. Coughing would continuously disturb my slumber, I would wake up every other morning with the back of my throat just clogged with phlegm, sometimes it would be smeared with blood and this would go on for about a week and a half in most instances. I would become almost immobile the first two or three days and to make matters worse, flatulence would make my stomach bloat and cause a sufficient amount of discomfort.
No, I am not HIV+ as I have discovered quite recently and not had sex since then.
I don't even know why I am writing about this when I have more exciting news in the bag.
After my last entry, that very day (7th April), my varsity's Indian Cultural Society was having it's annual Cultural Show. I hadn't planned on going but then Married Man suddenly calls me;
Married Man: Are you coming for the show?
Hdaran: No, it's too far away and I don't have transport. (the show wasn't held in the university because its main hall was under renovation)
Married Man: I thought you said you would be there? Come la!
Hdaran: No, I don't think so, besides, I am not even performing.
Married Man: I am. I am doing the opening performance.
Hdaran: WHAT??? Why didn't you tell me earlier???
Married Man: Well, since you said you were coming I thought it would be a surprise. So, are you coming?
Hdaran: I'll try.
So I did. After his group of dancers (alongside him) were done performing I went backstage to congratulate him.
Guess what, I met The Wife and The Daughter.
TERRIFYING!!! I KNOW!!!
But in reality it wasn't.
The wife was nice and his dancers were about their own business. I mean who wouldn't feel uncomfortable with a stranger in the room being introduced by your dance master? The daughter was adorable and his wife had such a beautiful smile on. I was introduced as an odissi dancer (I am, aren't I?) which justified the reason for me knowing him as a 'friend'.
But before all this happened, the first thing he did upon seeing me was, walk out of the dressing room and hug me. Indescribable! That feeling of being in the arms of someone you want to be in! I hanged out for a while with him and as he left he told me that he was leaving for the The Land of Temples the day after next. With one last hug, I stood there, high with feel-good hormones, drugged and light, as he drove off.
The Dream became but a distant dream.
I made my way back to my car.
24th of April seems so far away; would I be able to go on without this addiction till then?
8 comments:
i saw HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
~matahari~
matahari: EH???
maybe its about time i speak with you ... in person :)
and no am not the other anonimous ( wht fuck the spelling shud be) person you dedicated post to.
-Sashi-
Love cures all.
Sashi: Maybe it is. Approve my friend request on facebook first. It's spelled a-n-o-n-y-m-o-u-s.
William: I feel that 'love conquering all' is such a cliché. Maybe great sex and something called pheromones can conquer it all...?
*The comment below might burst your bubble.
Just a thought on this statement
"his wife had such a beautiful smile on" :
I don't think she would have it once she finds out the truth.
No matter how you justify things(referring to our previous conversation) I strongly feel it is not a right thing to do. And I believe that if he could betray wife, he CAN definitely betray you as well, regardless of what ever situation or phase you are in.
Did I hear a "POP"??
*Segala kesulitan amat dikesali*
HeMz: The act of cheating (it's the only way I can make it obvious, if I was being myself I would say, 'the act of finding out that one is seeing someone besides the person he/she obligatorily married to') is only present when one gets caught (like the former I would exchange the word to 'one causes revelation'). One does not belong without the other. If there are secrets we bring to the grave, why not forbidden love. I know in my heart this will not be wrong as long as we know our limits. He is under no circumstance to leave his family. And I will under no circumstance reveal this part of his life!
I will give my life to keep that smile on his wife's face... I will!!!
i thought this was a just a fling, sumthing like a summer romance.. u made it clear u like him, nut love him.. so u wud give up ur life just to keep his wife smiling?? hunny, wats up? and i dont think dis has anything to do with great sex nor pheromones, considering d fact u havent had the former with mm yet but plenty of the latter.. talk to you real soon.
~matahari~
Post a Comment