If only I'm allowed to be constantly be myself.
I am just imagining the world that would open me up to.
Even today I am reminded of the insufferably heteronormative, cisgender world I live in.
Questions of my "imminent" marriage, my singlehood and my so called should be planning for a wife cannot seem to elude my existence! Especially from older people who should probably just shut the f**k up!
So funny. All I've heard from ALL of my aunts is the constant, agonising complaints about their husbands and vice versa. And these people advocate marriage??!!!
I want to live in a world of my people.
A world where I can wear whatever and walk however I want to.
A world where I can put on a full face of makeup and walk in heels to a lovely vegan brunch restaurant with my friends.
A world where I can get up in the morning, meditate and then cook myself a lovely meal.
A world where I can create creatively and not face prosecution for it.
It exists.
I would have to travel there.
But I love my parents too much to entertain that notion.
And I guess that's the reason Just Me exists...
No comments:
Post a Comment